Tuesday 22 June 2010

New military museum is opened on Canvey Island

New military museum is opened on Canvey Island

A little piece of local news now, as a new museum is opened in my old home town. Unfortunately I was not able to attend the opening myself, but it sounds an interesting place and I hope to get there some time in the future. Rest assured I shall report back on my experience when I do so.

I always admire individuals who attempt to put together things like this for the edification of the local community and the young people of the area in particular. As those involved have said it is of paramount importance that future generations can see physical examples of historic items and hear the stories behind them. Top marks as well to the local businesses that helped make this museum a reality. Here's hoping it is around for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts