Tuesday 17 November 2009

Giant oaks from little acorns grow...

Well, here we jolly well are, what? I mean to say, who would ever have thought I'd be starting one of these new-fangled "web logs" eh? Certainly not me! I'm not very technologically-minded, you see. Anyway, let's see how this goes. I'll start, if I may, by explaining a little further the idea behind all this.

The thought has been playing on my mind for some time now that there is simply too much doom and gloom in today's national and local media. Wars, hoodies, stabbings, shootings, fisticuffs, identity theft, and other nasty business seem to be all-pervading. Almost as a result of all this I find myself consciously looking for the happy, jolly, uplifting, unusual and just plain bizarre stories that are often overlooked in amongst all the scaremongering and finger-wagging. So I figured, wouldn't it be a bit of a wheeze, whenever I come across these stories (and other things that tie in to my interests - which I'll add on here at some point I suppose), to pop them all in one place where other people can see them and, hopefully, have a bit of a giggle and feel a bit better about the world and life in general? Well, that's the idea, at least. Whether it will work in practice is a completely different kettle of fish. Probably a whole load of chaps out there with the same idea and a dozen identical blogs to this one. Still, as I said towards the beginning, let's see how this pans out. It could be the best thing since sliced bread, and appear on hundreds of "recommended" lists (or whatever the litmus test for blog popularity is). On the other hand it could die a death within the month. Watch this space, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts